MozyEnterprise is EMC's subscription-based online data backup service for business. Here's how it works: The network administrator pushes out Mozy software to his clients by using a deployment tool such as Microsoft's Systems Management Server (SMS). The new software installs itself, copies encrypted versions of each machine's files, and sends the encrypted files over the Internet to be stored at EMC data centers. The backup process is managed through a Web-based administrative console.
- key management services
- RSA security authentication
- integration with Active Directory
- centralized deployment
- "data seeding," which EMC describes as a means of uploading a hard drive directly onto hosted systems in order to save users time and bandwidth
- the ability to restore multiple file versions up to 30 days old
- restore options that include online, client-based, DVD, hard drive and virtual drives