| SEARCHSTORAGE.COM ANSWER CENTER
More efficient backups
A few good storage management tools
Creating a DR plan that won't break the bank
Ease staffing concerns
Troubleshooting your SANs
Getting the best deal from your vendors
- Tip: Who should be charged with managing your SAN hardware?
- Tip: How to build a storage management practice
- Expert advice: How many admins does it take to manage a terabyte?
- Webcast: With the increasing complexity storage management brings to an organization it may be wise to think about setting up an internal storage group within your IT department. Stephen Foskett covers how many admins you need, what their responsibilities are and how to align staffing resources with requirements. Click here for the webcast.
- Webcast: Best Practices for Buying Storage
Presented by Bill Peldzus, Director of Storage Architecture, GlassHouse Technologies
By understanding the best approaches for buying storage you can get the best deal for your company. Along with tips and techniques for rating RFI and RFP responses, it will put you -- the buyer -- back in control.
View this webcast
- Tip: RFPs create savings
- RFP workshop webcasts:
SRM & Policy-Based Management: Creating RFP's that achieve the right results
Presented by Jamie Gruener, Senior Analyst, Enterprise Computing and Networking, The Yankee Group
Jamie Gruener looks at the top five priorities you need to consider when evaluating storage resource management (SRM) tools. He explains how these priorities translate into questions you need to ask vendors as part of an RFP. Attendees to his webcast preview will also learn the top five "gotchas" that customers have experienced in evaluating SRM, and how to avoid these issues by asking the right questions during the review process.
View the webcast
Writing a switch RFP
John Webster, Senior Analyst and Founder, Data Mobility Group
Building a SAN requires careful and detailed attention to the SAN switching environment. Acquiring the best switch configuration for a given environment or set of applications can be a daunting task. Getting vendors to speak to these issues in their responses to your RFP will help you construct a SAN that will hold-up under a production work load and make changing the configuration as time goes on a much easier proposition. This webcast walks step-by-step through these issues and offers attendees the critical information needed to get the most out of the switch-buying experience.
View this webcast
Drop me an e-mail to let me know what other learning guides you'd like to see on SearchStorage.com. Mark Lewis, Managing Editor.