HUS VM offers 300 TB of raw capacity per system and can interface with more than 100 external storage systems from multiple vendors to create a consolidated, central pool of data storage managed by a single GUI interface.
The Hitachi flash system has a number of key features, including:
- Data placement: This process is automated based on the type of workload.
- Storage reclamation: Unused or under-used storage is made usable.
- Thin/dynamic provisioning: Using Hitachi Dynamic Provisioning, administrators can implement thin or dynamic provisioning.
- Dynamic tiering: Automate the creation of storage tiers with Hitachi Dynamic Tiering.
- Snapshots: Track data changes through point-in-time snapshots or writable snapshots.
- Universal data replication: Replication can be performed remotely or locally for data protection.
- High availability: The Hitachi High Availability Manager is designed for non-disruptive failover.
- Deduplication: Reduces the amount of redundant data stored to maximize use of flash capacity.
The Hitachi Unified Storage VM is managed by the Hitachi Command Suite operating system (v.8). Command Suite offers integrated management of all storage levels, including optimization and analytics, accelerated storage provisioning, troubleshooting and organizational tools, all within a single GUI interface. The software also includes Command Director, Device Manager, Dynamic Link Manager Advanced, Command Suite Data Mobility, Replication Manager, Tiered Storage Manager and Tuning Manager.
The HUS VM supports RAID 1+0, RAID 5 and RAID 6.
HUS VM supports the following operating systems: Windows, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, VMWare, Xen, Hyper-V, Oracle Enterprise Linux, RHEL, SUSE and Open VMS.
Hitachi offers four levels of Select Care support ranging from Basic (maintenance is offered during normal business hours) to 24/7 Premium coverage with a two-hour response time.
The HUS VM is sold directly from Hitachi as well as through the company's extensive partner network.
Should you consider an all-flash array?
Interview with Hitachi Data Systems VP
HUS VM launch includes block, file and object storage access