BACKGROUND IMAGE: iSTOCK/GETTY IMAGES
HP 3PAR StoreServ 7450 is an all-flash storage array system designed for midsize and enterprise environments. It is currently available in four models -- E7X93A, E7X89A, E7X95A and E7X91A -- and data storage administrators can seamlessly move data among any of the models. Raw capacity is scalable to 460.8 TB. HP claims the system can deliver up to 900,000 IOPS at less than 0.7 millisecond latency.
The all-flash array has system-wide striping that spreads data and I/O evenly across the system. Priority optimization is automated, so administrators can set minimum performance thresholds (IOPS). An Express Writes feature is designed to accelerate writes.
StoreServ 7450 offers inline deduplication that is designed to lower flash costs by reducing capacity demands without storage pools or post-processing. According to the vendor, its ASIC-based thin deduplication offloads CPUs, enabling them to deliver consistently high performance. It also reduces writes to flash media to extend useful life.
StoreServ 7450 is powered by HP's 3PAR Operating System (OS) Software Suite. The OS has the following features:
- SmartStart: Offers out-of-the-box configuration for 7000 models.
- VMware VVOLs support: VVOLs are designed to streamline the way vSphere virtual machines interact with shared storage.
- Autonomic provisioning: Eliminates repeated commands and automates the provisioning process.
- Persistent ports: A Tier-1 resiliency feature allows software upgrades without disruption.
- Rapid provisioning: 16 KB allocation units means fine-tuned provisioning that can be automatic or just in time.
- Volume thinning: Converts legacy volumes to thin volumes.
- Persistent cache: Targeted at "always-on" systems, this preserves write caching through rapid re-mirroring of the cache. This allows the system to continue functioning even if there is a failure.
StoreServ 7450 is compatible with the following OSes: Windows 2003, Windows Server 2008 and 2012, Windows Hyper-V, HP-UX, SUSE Enterprise Linux Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, VMware ESX and ESXi, Solaris, UEK, Linux, XenServer, AIX and OpenVMS.
- Optimized. Includes HP's Critical Service, which offers 24/7 environment monitoring. If outages occur, there is a six-hour call-to-repair commitment.
- Standard. Offers HP Proactive Care 24/7, which includes fast access to Advanced Solution Center Specialists, firmware and software management, best practice advice, and 20 credits a year to use for consulting and tech services.
- Basic. Offers the same HP Proactive Care 24/7 features as the Standard service, but with only 10 credits a year.
The HP 3PAR StoreServ 7450 can be purchased from HP or through its network of resellers.
HP 3PAR StoreServ 7450 offers flash-friendly options
HP replaces its StoreServ 10000 Series with 20000 model