Problem solve Get help with specific problems with your technologies, process and projects.

Restoring files to current status

By mistake I updated old backup files into the current running files. How can I restore it to current status?

I'm not quite sure what you've done here. If you're telling me you've over written your backups, then there's probably not much that can be done. If this is a Windows environment, the Norton tools are the only things that comes to mind.

Editor's note: Do you agree with this expert's response? If you have more to share, post it in one of our .bphAaR2qhqA^0@/searchstorage>discussion forums.

Dig Deeper on Data center storage

Have a question for an expert?

Please add a title for your question

Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.

You will be able to add details on the next page.

Start the conversation

Send me notifications when other members comment.

Please create a username to comment.