Introduction to clustered storage
- Clustering, going beyond the usual distributed storage arrangement
- Is it possible to implement a cluster with NAS technology?
- Evaluating clustering software products
- What you need to know in order to choose the right SAN products
- Clustering products for Windows
- NAS clustering breaks 1 GB barrier
- Which clustering technique is right for you?
- How to roll your own NAS cluster
- External storage array needed for clustering
- What is the best way to migrate from a Windows 2000 direct-attached cluster to a CX330?
- How to assign LUNs in a SAN
- Implementing an active/active data center
- Is it possible to SAN boot using an iSCSI adapter?
- Ten best practices for moving data files to a SAN
Availability and performance benefits
- Configuring SANs for high availability
- Clustering a SAN environment for high availability
- Making a case for high-quality failover management software
- Keep your SANs from crashing
- Look beyond clustering for high availability
- Topics: NAS clusters
- Topics: SAN planning and design
- ITKnowledge Exchange: Get peer advice on clustering
- Ask the Experts: Pose your toughest questions about clustering
This was first published in April 2005