Storage provisioning is a complicated, and mostly manual, labor-intensive task. Each vendor has its proprietary...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
tools and recommended approach. And, the task keeps getting harder due to the increasing complexity of enterprise storage environments.
Below is a list of eight storage provisioning best practices that will help you to boost performance and disk utilization.
- Establish an orderly storage requisition procedure
- Collect all pertinent information at the outset
- Enforce change management policies throughout the process
- Organize and manage provisioning as a coordinated team effort
- Manage communications among the team
- Identify the provisioning constraints of your devices
- Concatenate LUNs for flexibility
- Use soft zoning worldwide name based
This storage provisioning tip first appeared in Storage magazine's October 2006 issue.
Alan Radding is a frequent contributer to "Storage" magazine.