Try using a true e-vaulting solution to protect your valuable data. By loading an e-vaulting agent on your local servers, the agent wakes up at night and sends only the block-level changes (delta) to a remote e-vaulting server. The benefits are numerous and include:
- Requires only 1% to 2% of the total data volume to be transmitted each night so it's faster than tape backup
- Stores dailies for a week, weeklies for a month and monthlies for a year in the same storage footprint as your original data
- Restores can be performed online via the network or offline via tape
- The data is offsite as soon as the backup completes
- Backups quality can easily be tested remotely by doing "spot" restores
About the author: Ray Ganong works for eVault, Inc.
This was first published in February 2001