Try using a true e-vaulting solution to protect your valuable data. By loading an e-vaulting agent on your local...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
servers, the agent wakes up at night and sends only the block-level changes (delta) to a remote e-vaulting server. The benefits are numerous and include:
- Requires only 1% to 2% of the total data volume to be transmitted each night so it's faster than tape backup
- Stores dailies for a week, weeklies for a month and monthlies for a year in the same storage footprint as your original data
- Restores can be performed online via the network or offline via tape
- The data is offsite as soon as the backup completes
- Backups quality can easily be tested remotely by doing "spot" restores
About the author: Ray Ganong works for eVault, Inc.