CHICAGO -- Melville, N.Y.-based FalconStor Software Inc. this week introduced IPStor Version 3.5, which offers businesses expanded connectivity, advanced replication services, an SSD-based I/O accelerator and the HyperTrac backup accelerator, which enhances the speed of third-party backup and recovery solutions. The company introduced the product at the Storage Decisions 2002 conference.
Some of the key features in IPStor Version 3.5 include:
- I/O accelerator option, which utilizes high-speed disks such as solid state disk (SSD)
- HyperTrac backup accelerator, which doubles the speed of third-party backup software
- HotZone option, a policy-driven I/O performance optimizer
- SCSI target mode, which coupled with IPStor's "service enabler" technology, facilitates the integration of advanced storage services with direct-attached storage (DAS) devices and enables online, real-time migration of legacy SCSI-based disk array to Fibre Channel-based storage subsystems
- Asynchronous mirroring, for extending the distance of a mirror to remote locations
- Replication over FC and SCSI, extending the replication protocol to include local or remote-attached SCSI or FC disks by using a single IPStor for online/near-line disk-based backup and recovery.
"Both HotZone and I/O accelerator not only boost storage access speeds but also lower overall storage costs by enabling enterprises to squeeze the most performance from a given storage infrastructure. FalconStor has again distinguished itself in the intelligent storage networking market."