Beyond our own sampling of storage security resources, searchStorage also took a look at other popular security items that appeared recently on many of our sister sites in the TechTarget IT portfolio. (Well, okay,
Here is a sampling of some of the most popular and well-received security research items that have appeared on searchDatabase, searchWindowsManageability, searchSecurity and searchNetworking:
Popular security information from searchDatabase...
- Data security. The title of this featured topic from our sister site, searchDatabase.com, seems deceptively simple but is surprisingly robust. Included are such resources as links to a recent audio event with searchDatabase datawarehousing expert Shaku Atre on datawarehouse security. You'll also find links to more details on Oracle security considerations.
- Popular security planning guide from searchWindowsManageability...
- Top 10 steps to a strong security plan. Devising one catch-all security planning checklist that every type of company could use is well nigh impossible. The need for a baseline guide, however, is great, so searchWindowsManageability asked a security expert to share his security checklist.
- Top 10 database security headaches. What's the worst thing about being a database security manager? Protegrity, Inc. polled users of their Secure Data privacy-management products and shared this list of ten reasons to take an Advil on the job.
- Migration, security, and the economy top 2002 management scene. SearchWindowsManageability put together some predictions for what to expect in 2002. An analyst even predicts that hopes for a happy new year will be realized in an economic comeback.
- New software authorizes user network entry. Meetinghouse Data Communications, Inc. announced recently the availability of its 802.1X authentication software for Windows NT/2000. It promises to secure local area network (LAN) end-user access via encryption technology. See what SearchWindowsManageability had to say about this release.
- Database security dos and don'ts. Network-centric security measures won't keep hackers from entering the database and corrupting or stealing valuable information. Two database security experts describe the top five ways to bulletproof your database.
- Security risks of remote software updates. SearchWindowsManageability expert Scott Blake addressed some customer fears about updating software remotely.
- Popular security information from searchSecurity...
- Firewall management rates #2 in TechTarget readers' minds! Firewall management rated second behind e-mail security in a TechTarget 2001 year-end survey. If you're concerned about managing your company's firewalls, check out this searchSecurity Featured Topic.
- Top 10 security tips.SearchSecurity's readers picked the top 10 tips related to security. They cover everything from "Managing the patchwork mess," to "Protecting workstations."
- 2002 predictions. SearchSecurity's own panel of experts and consultants tried their hand at predicting the future this year for security.
- Careers in IT security. What kind of professional future does an IT security specialist have in today's organization? Check out this featured topic and find out.
- Security Top 10. Do you know the top 10 major security areas impacting your IT group? Our searchSecurity team came up with a good list of areas you should be aware of. What's #1 on their list? Is it the same as what tops your own?
- A few other good ones from searchSecurity: Intrusion detection, Virus busters!, and Play it safe: Teach employees about security.
Popular security information from searchNetworking...
- Bad Packets: Quoth the Maven: 'Nevermore. SearchNetworking's assistant editor Wes Simonds took a humorous jab at Microsoft's recent promises to focus on product security.
- Bad Packets: Crypto limits won't work. If you liked the above Bad Packets column by Wes, here's another one with a great security flavor for IT networked environments.
- Corporate vs. technical security. This expert answer from searchNetworking is full of good advice.
- Remote security. Here's a network-focused featured topic with several links to other resources.
- Cracking down on security. Here are more excellent tips and advice coming from the searchNetworking quarter that can benefit your IT organization.
- Biometrics: security savior or privacy violation? SearchNetworking's on-going columnist Dave Kearns delves into more on the biometrics equation.
About the author: Michele Hope is the senior site editor of searchStorage. She can be reached at email@example.com