Are you familiar with the unique LUN masking security issues in storage security? How about the security considerations...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
unique to NAS implementations?
SearchStorage's panel of experts -- including storage security expert Dr. Vijay Ahuja -- have been busy answering audience questions and educating our searchStorage community about the extra security twists and vulnerabilities now present in enterprise storage and SAN country.
Here are a few technical advice highlights and news items from around our searchStorage community. (Please use these to supplement the list of resources you find in our searchStorage Featured Topic, "How safe is your data?").
(Note: If you want to hear even more about storage security, be sure to register to attend our free Storage Management conference in March 2002. Himanshu Dwivedi, the managing security architect at @stake, will present on the topic of "The Down-and-Dirty of Network Storage Security.")
SearchStorage technical advice on storage security...
- How about explaining storage security? Dr. Ahuja gives a good overview of what the heck the term "storage security" really means, and how storage security issues might differ from other types of IT security issues.
- Are firewalls enough to protect my data? Dr. Ahuja has some interesting answers about when "enough is enough" in storage security.
- Patching the holes for storage security in 2002. Expert Ahuja recently shared some storage security predictions with searchStorage, including warnings of more serious denial of service attacks also waiting in the wings for unsuspecting IT staffers.
- Top 7 storage security concerns and how to solve them. There's so much good content in this audio/visual PowerPoint presentation by Dr. Ahuja, you'll just have to sit in on it for yourself.
- See other recent storage security answers from Vijay Ahuja.
- NAS expert Randy Kerns also shared some good NAS-related security considerations.
- Technical Tip: Encrypting backups for additional security.
- Management Tip: Storage security: Enforcing policies and procedures that work.
- Tip: Biometrics puts face on IT security.
- Security and SAN. This expert response by none other than searchStorage's SAN expert, Christopher Poelker, offers his take on security issues unique to storage area networks.
- SAN/NAS security considerations and All about encryption. And not to be outdone, searchStorage's Storage Networking: A-Z expert Marc Farley also gives his all to respond about the major security considerations for implementing a SAN, and the different encryption methods.
- Search engine results: Over 140 items of technical advice on storage security. Because the above list is just a small sampling of what's available from our TargetSearch search engine, we're sending the real IT information gold-diggers straight to the source to learn more.
SearchStorage news stories...
- Article: Storage security is an emerging issue
- Article: StorageNetworks earns reliability rating approval
- News item: Debate flares over IP storage security
- Article: IP storage gets security boost
- News item: Security is top concern for IBM users
- News item: Security and network management top concerns at conference
About the author: Michele Hope is the senior site editor of searchStorage. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org