But, is it right for your environment?
SAS offers data transfer rates in excess of 3 gigabits per second (Gbps) with potential rates of 10 Gbps or more. This performance level is one reason why many believe SAS is an ideal middle tier, between Fibre Channel and SATA, allowing corporations to shift aging data to drives that offer significant storage capacity at a lower cost.
Check out this collection of expert advice, tips, news and features, to learn more about this emerging technology and find out if it is a good fit for your organization.
- SAS defined
- Make way for serial-attached SCSI
- Tech Roundup: SAS Drives
- SAS disk drive advantage?
- Where SAS will play out
- Serial-attached SCSI; Datacenter Evolution or Revolution?
- The dance of the disk drive interfaces
- Serial-attached SCSI gains momentum
- Engenio spills beans on midrange SAS array
- Hitachi drops 2.5-inch SAS drives
- Hitachi ships SAS and 4 Gbps FC drives
- HP develops SAS-based storage blade
- Smaller, speedier SAS array steps out
- First SAS products arrive
- SAS -- Hurry up and wait
- Future is fuzzy for Fibre drives
Products and players