Looking for something else?
2004 PURCHASING INTENTIONS SURVEY RESULTS
BACKUP AND DISASTER RECOVERY
Will your use of tape as a backup format decrease, stay the same or increase?
- 20.30% Decrease
- 48.60% Stay the same
- 31.10% Increase
What is the primary format you will select for your tape drive purchases in 2005?
- 9.20% DLT
- 47.20% LTO
- 16.50% SDLT
- 4.60% AIT
- 7.70% 9xxx series
- 4.40% 35xx series
- 10.40% Other
Who has been your primary vendor for tape backup hardware in 2004? Who will be your primary vendor for tape backup hardware in 2005?
Which disk-to-disk backup strategies are you employing?
- 10.20% Disk configured as virtual tape (e.g., Quantum DX-100)
- 21.70% Disk configured as file system
- 5.20% Disk using content-addressable or other WORM technology (e.g., EMC Centerra)
- 40.50% Backup to disk and then to tape
- 28.20% Backup to disk and archive to tape
- 1.90% Single-instance storage (e.g., Avamar)
- 33.40% None
Who is your main disk backup vendor?
How would you describe your purchase plans for backup or archive systems to comply with data retention regulations and laws?
- 0.20% Decrease
- 42.40% Stay the same
- 38.80% Increase
- 18.60% None
Which technologies are you relying on to comply with data retention regulations?
- 11.70% Optical WORM
- 54.30% Tape archiving
- 32.40% Conventional disk-based backup/archive
- 10.40% Disk-based virtual tape libraries
- 10.90% Disk-based WORM technology such as EMC Centera
- 11.50% Don't know
- 14.80% None
- 1.50% Other