2004 PURCHASING INTENTIONS SURVEY RESULTS
How many storage networking switches do you currently have deployed?
- 18.9% None
- 57.3% 1-10
- 10.7% 11-20
- 6.4% 21-50
- 6.7% More than 50
Will you deploy iSCSI in 2004?
- 82.60% No
- 11.80% Yes, with software initiators
- 5.60% Yes, with specialized iSCSI adapters (TOE cards)
How will you deply iSCSI?
- 37% End-to-end iSCSI SAN on a dedicated Ethernet
- 23.50% End-to-end iSCSI over the data LAN
- 27.20% iSCSI connected through a local gateway to a Fibre Channel SAN
- 6.20% Connected over the WAN to a Fibre Channel SAN
- 1.20% Hosts send files over Ethernet to a NAS head that sends block over iSCSI to an iSCSI target array
- 4.90% Other
Who was your primary storage switch vendor in 2004? Who will be your primary storage switch vendor in 2005?