2004 PURCHASING INTENTIONS SURVEY RESULTS
How much storage do you expect your company or business unit to purchase in 2004 (both internal server storage and external storage)?
- 22.50% <1TB
- 42.90% 1-10TB
- 24.50% 11 - 50TB
- 6.70% 51 - 100TB
- 3.40% 100TB
What percentage of your 2004 disk subsystem purchases have been or will be in each of the following categories?
- 23.96% High-end (Symmetrix, Lightning, Shark or equivalents)
- 37.79% Mid-range (FC or SCSI disk in Clariion, Thunder, FastT or equivalent)
- 32.86% Low-end (ATA or Serial ATA arrays, or SCSI JBOD)
- 5.4% Other
What will be your
Which best describes your plans for file storage in 2004?
- 36% Continued use of conventional file server direct-attached storage
- 27.90% Increased use of multiple network-attached storage devices
- 32.60% Increased consolidation of network-attached storage
- 21.30% Increased use of dedicated NAS gateways to store files on the SAN
- 29% Increased use of virtualization servers to store files in a common storage pool
- 8.20% None
Who is your primary vendor for disk subsystems in 2004? Who is your primary vendor for disk subsystems in 2005?