Take a few minutes and test yourself on RAID data storage technology. Do you know which RAID type is the fastest...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
or which one is seen in SATA environments?
Challenge your co-workers to a RAID pop quiz showdown, and find out who's the mighty RAIDer in your shop.
1. When run by itself, this type of RAID, which does not live up to its name, reduces the level of protection for data. Answer
2. This type of drive suffers from reliability concerns, causing many Tier 2 storage users to embrace dual-parity schemes, like RAID 6. Answer
3. This RAID type is seen in SATA environments. Answer
4. On which RAID level is all of the data on one disk copied exactly onto a second disk, with neither disk being primary or master? Answer
5. Although storage arrays can gather a huge number of disks, how many disks in a RAID group do most general-purpose servers employ? Answer
6. At what level of RAID is the parity divided, with a share being given to each disk in the array? Answer
7. This RAID level is a combination of two basic RAID techniques. It combines striping with independent data disks with distributed parity. Answer
8. What can be used to accomplish redundancy where contents are directly duplicated onto another drive? Answer
9. This is the process of dividing a body of data into blocks and spreading the data blocks across several partitions on several hard disks. Answer
10. This RAID level confers benefits in recovery and reliability, albeit at the cost of halving the storage capacity of the RAID array. Answer
Attention RAIDers - For more information on RAID and it's various levels, check out Chapter 2 on RAID in our Disk Storage All-in-One Guide.
Quiz Library - Our storage quiz library has over a dozen quizzes to test your storage smarts. Test your storage technology savvy with SANs, RAID, NAS, IP storage, switches and more.