Feature

Snapshot: Full data backups

Ezine

This article can also be found in the Premium Editorial Download "Storage magazine: Tools for successful data migrations."

Download it now to read this article plus other related content.

Nothing's black and white when it comes to backup. While the majority of Storage readers have a traditional weekly full/daily incremental backup policy (57%), that leaves 43% who use all manner of approaches to backup--daily fulls, incrementals forever, synthetic fulls that they reconcile weekly, etc. Tape as primary backup medium is still the norm (77%), but disk is coming on fast. The number of copies of backup tapes readers make, meanwhile, is surprisingly low. Only 32% of respondents make two or more copies; the remainder rely on one copy (53%) or none (15%)!

In general, how often do you do full backups?

To where do you write backups?

How many tape copies do you make?

 

Requires Free Membership to View

This was first published in September 2005

There are Comments. Add yours.

 
TIP: Want to include a code block in your comment? Use <pre> or <code> tags around the desired text. Ex: <code>insert code</code>

REGISTER or login:

Forgot Password?
By submitting you agree to receive email from TechTarget and its partners. If you reside outside of the United States, you consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States. Privacy
Sort by: OldestNewest

Forgot Password?

No problem! Submit your e-mail address below. We'll send you an email containing your password.

Your password has been sent to: