Feature

Snapshot: Disaster recovery plan development

Ezine

This article can also be found in the Premium Editorial Download "Storage magazine: How HP is reloading its storage strategy."

Download it now to read this article plus other related content.

Do you have a DR plan?

Do you have a formal DR plan in place?
For critical systems, how quickly do you aim to recover?
Do you use an offsite DR provider? (e.g., SunGard)

If a disaster were to strike, 58% of Storage readers would assume that their recovery plans would kick in without too many surprises because they've tested their plans in the past year. The remaining 42%, however, either have no formal disaster recovery (DR) plan in place, or it's been so long since it was tested it's doubtful it would still do the job. On the bright side, relatively few respondents require lightning-fast recovery times--only 23% expect to be back up and running within an hour. In fact, 33% would be happy with a time-to-recovery of one day or more.

    Requires Free Membership to View

This was first published in July 2005

There are Comments. Add yours.

 
TIP: Want to include a code block in your comment? Use <pre> or <code> tags around the desired text. Ex: <code>insert code</code>

REGISTER or login:

Forgot Password?
By submitting you agree to receive email from TechTarget and its partners. If you reside outside of the United States, you consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States. Privacy
Sort by: OldestNewest

Forgot Password?

No problem! Submit your e-mail address below. We'll send you an email containing your password.

Your password has been sent to: