This article can also be found in the Premium Editorial Download "Storage magazine: Comparing EMC Symmetrix DMX-3 vs. Hitachi Data Systems USP1100."
Download it now to read this article plus other related content.
Centralizing ROBO applications and data in the primary data center offers the following potential advantages:
- Increased IT productivity by leveraging IT administrator assets within the data center
- Reduced investments in hardware, infrastructure, software, personnel, training and maintenance, and increased data center asset utilization
- Better, faster service and simpler management
- Consistent data protection that meets IT and regulatory compliance requirements
- Easier sharing of data among ROBOs
This was first published in January 2007