Two hundred and eighty-nine storage professionals responded to the fourth edition of Storage magazine's Storage Salary Survey. Some interesting facts gleaned from the 2006 survey:
- 25% have more than six years of dedicated storage experience
- 77% say their primary responsibilities are related to one or more of their company's data centers
- 41% manage 10 TB to 99 TB of storage; more than 33% manage 100 TB or more
- 70% have more than 10 years of IT experience
- 28% manage budgets in excess of $1 million
Respondents spend 32% of their time on storage-related activities. Of that
- 22% of their time is spent on primary operations
- 13% of their time is spent on maintenance
- 22% of their time is spent on backup
- 23% of their time is spent on architecture/planning/design
- 54% are college graduates;
- 14% have advanced college degrees
Step 2 of 2:
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
The data used in this report was gathered through an e-mail survey conducted in August 2006. The survey was sent to a sampling of Storage subscribers and yielded 289 valid responses. Telephone interviews were conducted with selected respondents and others who manage storage.