Pierre Dorion is the data center practice director and a senior consultant at Long View Systems Inc. in Phoenix, Arizona, specializing in the areas of business continuity and disaster recovery planning services and corporate data protection. Over the past 10 years, he has focused primarily on the development of recovery strategies, IT resilience and recoverability, as well as data protection and availability engagements at the data center level. Pierre has been a guest speaker on the subject of data availability and IT resilience at a number of conferences, including Storage Decisions, ARMA, AFCOM and CIPS.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Pierre Dorion
- How many backup administrators?
- Incremental/differential backup differences
- Centralized backup solution
- CAS vs. Snaplock Volume
- DLTs vs. CDs: Pros and cons
- USB device data recovery
- Portable long-term backup
- Snapshot only?
- SAN disaster recovery planning
- Third-party backup for Windows 2000 Active Directory Domain Controller
- Alternatives to software mirroring
- Hardware-based replication for HP arrays?
- Industry standards for data retention
- Best practices for backup server configuration
- Daily data volatility rates
- Does Veritas NetBackup support BCV backup?
- What is the most critical information to back up?
- File-based replication vs. volume-based replication
- Pros and cons of LTO vendors
- Are CDs considered acceptable disaster recovery media?