Pierre Dorion is the data center practice director and a senior consultant at Long View Systems Inc. in Phoenix, Arizona, specializing in the areas of business continuity and disaster recovery planning services and corporate data protection. Over the past 10 years, he has focused primarily on the development of recovery strategies, IT resilience and recoverability, as well as data protection and availability engagements at the data center level. Pierre has been a guest speaker on the subject of data availability and IT resilience at a number of conferences, including Storage Decisions, ARMA, AFCOM and CIPS.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Pierre Dorion
- Restoring data: Increase your efficiency
- Take full advantage of the remote replication process
- Ideal DR setup for NetBackup environment
- NetWare replication options
- Go beyond SOX for business continuity
- Optimizing tape restores
- Prioritize your backup
- Best practices for offsite storage
- Remote recovery sites: What distance is far enough?
- Oracle replication for failover
- Data archives: What are your options?
- Replication to a dormant disaster recovery site
- Retrieving data from a USB stick
- Replicating a SQL2000 cluster
- Technology lifecycle and archiving
- Incremental and differential backup
- Memory or hard disk?
- Guidelines for business continuity planning
- How many backup administrators?
- Replication of OS and applications