Pierre Dorion is the data center practice director and a senior consultant at Long View Systems Inc. in Phoenix, Arizona, specializing in the areas of business continuity and disaster recovery planning services and corporate data protection. Over the past 10 years, he has focused primarily on the development of recovery strategies, IT resilience and recoverability, as well as data protection and availability engagements at the data center level. Pierre has been a guest speaker on the subject of data availability and IT resilience at a number of conferences, including Storage Decisions, ARMA, AFCOM and CIPS.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Pierre Dorion
- Unified storage has important storage environment role
- Understanding data deduplication for primary storage
- Benefits and drawbacks of incremental and differential
- Disaster recovery planning in a virtualized environment
- Four disaster recovery strategies to consider when usin
- Outsourcing backup: Get the right service level agreeme
- Using WAN clustering for disaster recovery
- Why you should perform data classification
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager pitfalls to avoid
- Remote replication with Oracle software
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager and disk backups
- What is unstructured data?
- Replication for disaster recovery
- Status of NetBackup 6.0
- Choosing the right storage solution
- Backup and software media storage best practices
- ..."> Data Guard based replication vs. SAN (EVA5000 & CA) based replication
- The rising cost of cheap storage
- What is the difference between RPO and RTO (from a back
- Mirroring HP EVA4000 data