Haag is a storage management consultant for Fortune 500 firms throughout the world, where he specializes in conducting storage assessments, financial analyses and strategic storage planning. Prior to starting his own Swiss-based consulting firm, Haag worked for many years in the field of storage resource management, including time spent as a business consultant to Central Europe for HighGround Systems. After HighGround's acquisition by Sun Microsystems, Haag also was involved in integrating SRM into Sun's portfolio. While at Sun, he also served in the Professional Services group for Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Norbert Haag
- Point: Which comes first, the SAN or the backup solution?
- Evaluating vendors for stability and quality
- Keeping track of customers' current hardware
- Where to find testing tools
- RAID-2 isn't being used much anymore
- Looking for an ESCON BERT tester
- Third party vendors and StorageTek
- 2004 storage management predictions: It's time for SM software to deliver
- The pros and cons of a single vendor environment
- Interpreting benchmarks
- NTFS file sizes
- Storage assessment tools
- Can the data on a SAN device be accessed by multiple file systems?
- Using IDE architecture
- Using SRM tools
- Calculating costs of SAN and NAS
- Storage charge back with raw storage
- Implementing storage charge back
- Managing your storage network
- Charging for storage: used vs. unused