Mike Casey is a Principal Analyst for Contoural, Inc., with more than 20 years experience in storage and high technology. At Contoural, Mike advises IT organizations and solution providers regarding storage requirements, policies, architectures and management processes. Previously Mike was a storage analyst for Gartner, and a Compliance Officer for a medical device company. He has also held executive and marketing management positions at storage product companies such as Fujitsu, IBM, Shugart and Solid Data Systems. Mike has spoken at industry conferences and published numerous articles and papers on storage technology and market trends -- including a recent SNIA whitepaper on "How to do a storage security audit." He holds a BS in Physics and an MBA, both from Santa Clara University.
Ask Mike a question, view his answers here.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Mike Casey
- How can I set up a cost-effective tiered storage strategy?
- Where to focus your compliance efforts
- CD-ROM vs. DVD for long term storage
- Who's going to be responsible for compliance -- vendors or end users?
- Will compliance spell the end of optical storage?
- Compliance tools you should be requesting from vendors
- What compliance means for peripheral storage
- Sarbanes-Oxley and how it applies to e-mail archiving
- Don't let compliance hinder technology
- Compliance shouldn't limit your choice of technology
- How Sarbanes-Oxley will affect publicly traded companies
- Where to put your compliance dollars
- It makes sense to build data archives on a SAN
- Assessing current policies and matching to appropriate HW/SW
- 2004 compliance predictions: Cheap storage, compliance investments and e-mail archiving
- Is 2004 the year of compliance?
- 2004: The year of compliance?
- How to get management to accept HIPAA compliance
- What are some steps to making my storage SOX compliant?
- How Sarbanes-Oxley will affect privately held companies