Marc Staimer is the founder, senior analyst and CDS at Dragon Slayer Consulting in Beaverton, Ore. The consulting practice of 14 years has focused on the areas of strategic planning, product development and market development. With more than 32 years of marketing, sales and business experience in infrastructure, storage, server, software and virtualization, Marc is considered one of the industry's leading experts.
Marc is also a frequent contributor to the TechTarget Storage Decisions conferences held throughout the year.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Marc Staimer
- Programmable storage adapters: Why they actually make sense
- Overlooking hardware acquisition costs can and will hurt you
- Backing up a LUN snapshot
- The rapid evolution of NAS -- it's no longer simple storage
- Plan ahead to skip storage snags
- Six network storage predictions for '06
- Troubleshooting clustered server issues
- Differentiating WAN Optimization and WAFS
- Setting up RAID
- RAID 10 and RAID 01: Same or different?
- RAID striping
- Avoid the pain in data migration
- SCSI vs. iSCSI -- features, functionality and architecture
- NFS vs. CIFS
- Storage vendors: Where's the value proposition?
- Will iSCSI over 10 Gbit copper Ethernet radically alter the SAN market?
- Host-based or SAN solution for DR
- FC or iSCSI for SAN-based backups?
- NAS they should buy? My answer always surprises them. The answer is usually..."> NAS buying tips: Common sense approach to buying NAS
- Pros and cons of remote mirroring