Jon Toigo is a 38-year veteran of IT who has worked both as an operative within corporate information systems departments and as a senior consultant with two international systems integrators. He has developed business continuity plans for more than 100 companies, authored 17 books -- including four on disaster recovery planning -- written thousands of articles and columns for the computer trade press, and spoken at countless industry events, trade shows and workshops.
Throughout this vast array of experience, Jon has served as a trusted, objective source of information for those IT professionals who create, store, manage, and administer data and storage assets. Jon has furthered this mission as both managing principal partner at Toigo Partners International -- a consultancy specializing in IT consumer advocacy, data management and storage technology -- and chairman/co-founder of the Data Management Institute, which has trained and certified nearly 100,000 data management professionals worldwide over the last 20 years.
Jon leverages this substantial, and invaluable, experience as a contributor to TechTarget publications such as Storage magazine, websites such as SearchDisasterRecovery.com and SearchStorage.com, and as a member of the TechTarget Speaker Bureau since 2012 -- most recently as keynote speaker of the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery in the Era of Software-Defined Data Centers.
Below, you'll find some of that expertise and experience on display. Click through to any of the tips, tricks, tutorials and advice features below to see for yourself why Jon has come to be recognized as one of the most respected voices in the storage industry. And participate in future conversations by following him on Twitter.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Jon William Toigo
- DR planning phase three: Implement
- Critical design tasks in DR
- Completing a preliminary risk analysis
- No legal mandates for mirroring today
- No one-size-fits-all backup solution
- Think before you invest in D2D
- Beware of DR planning recipes
- Happy 'Backup' New Year 2003
- The thirteen days of Christmas
- DR planning war stories
- Toigo's take on DR
- How do you store data for a long time?
- Your worst nightmares ... and how to avoid them
- Backup/restore's Holy Grail
- Start the revolution without me
- Give me an R-O-I
- A Mother's Day SAN
- A Brief History of Storage Management
- Learning storage from your elders
- A new year's resolution