Jon Toigo is a 38-year veteran of IT who has worked both as an operative within corporate information systems departments and as a senior consultant with two international systems integrators. He has developed business continuity plans for more than 100 companies, authored 17 books -- including four on disaster recovery planning -- written thousands of articles and columns for the computer trade press, and spoken at countless industry events, trade shows and workshops.
Throughout this vast array of experience, Jon has served as a trusted, objective source of information for those IT professionals who create, store, manage, and administer data and storage assets. Jon has furthered this mission as both managing principal partner at Toigo Partners International -- a consultancy specializing in IT consumer advocacy, data management and storage technology -- and chairman/co-founder of the Data Management Institute, which has trained and certified nearly 100,000 data management professionals worldwide over the last 20 years.
Jon leverages this substantial, and invaluable, experience as a contributor to TechTarget publications such as Storage magazine, websites such as SearchDisasterRecovery.com and SearchStorage.com, and as a member of the TechTarget Speaker Bureau since 2012 -- most recently as keynote speaker of the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery in the Era of Software-Defined Data Centers.
Below, you'll find some of that expertise and experience on display. Click through to any of the tips, tricks, tutorials and advice features below to see for yourself why Jon has come to be recognized as one of the most respected voices in the storage industry. And participate in future conversations by following him on Twitter.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Jon William Toigo
- 2012: Year of the infrastruggle
- Poor performance? Maybe it’s the app and not storage
- IOPS per what?
- Occupy Storage!
- The essential storage toolkit (that I wished I had!)
- Straight talk about D2D2T
- Is the blush off the storage rose?
- Effective SAN extension strategies
- The importance of DR planning
- All RAID is not created equal
- Managing costs in data protection
- Five rules for migrating from DAS to SAN
- Fear, uncertainty and doubt
- DR planning: Third-party help
- Reduce the IT impact of power outages
- DR planning phase three: Implement
- Critical design tasks in DR
- Completing a preliminary risk analysis
- No legal mandates for mirroring today
- No one-size-fits-all backup solution