Jon Toigo is a 38-year veteran of IT who has worked both as an operative within corporate information systems departments and as a senior consultant with two international systems integrators. He has developed business continuity plans for more than 100 companies, authored 17 books -- including four on disaster recovery planning -- written thousands of articles and columns for the computer trade press, and spoken at countless industry events, trade shows and workshops.
Throughout this vast array of experience, Jon has served as a trusted, objective source of information for those IT professionals who create, store, manage and administer data and storage assets. Jon has furthered this mission as both Managing Principal Partner for Toigo Partners International -- a consultancy specializing in IT consumer advocacy, data management and storage technology -- and chairman/co-founder of the Data Management Institute, which, over the last 20 years, has trained and certified nearly 100,000 data management professionals worldwide.
Jon leverages this substantial, and invaluable, experience as a contributor to TechTarget publications such as Storage magazine, websites such as SearchDisasterRecovery.com and SearchStorage.com, and as a member of the TechTarget Speaker Bureau since 2012 -- most recently as keynote speaker of the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery in the Era of Software-Defined Data Centers.
Below, you'll find some of that expertise and experience on display. Click through to any of the tips, tricks, tutorials and advice features below to see for yourself why Jon Toigo has come to be recognized as one of the most respected voices in the storage industry. And participate in future conversations by following him on Twitter.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Jon William Toigo
- Why SRM for software-defined storage still matters
- How SDS affects storage infrastructure planning
- Understanding the 'storage' in software-defined storage
- Software-defined infrastructure or how storage becomes software
- Reinforce RAID with other technologies
- Erasure coding comes to the forefront as RAID falls back
- 3 key strategies to prevent the failure of RAID
- Remember RAID: Why it's still relevant in the data center
- Is a helium drive just a lot of hot air?
- How to craft a DLM strategy
- Dedupe and compression as capacity quick fixes
- Pros and cons of thin provisioning for capacity management
- A look at the data storage industry: clouds, BlackPearl and helium
- Differentiating traditional and sub-LUN tiering
- Tips for designing deep archives
- Tackling deep-archive planning considerations
- Data archiving technologies to watch
- Five questions to ask when choosing a data archiving technology
- Can we have an adult conversation about storage?
- Understanding the functions of software-defined networking