Jacob N. Gsoedl is a freelance writer and VP of IT applications. He has managed IT infrastructure and IT applications in publically traded global enterprises for nearly 20 years. For the past 10 years, his focus has been on solving business problems through enterprise systems, business process design and optimization, and aligning the business and IT. He also focuses on leveraging enterprise applications, using both on-premises Oracle ERP and SAP among others and cloud applications such as Salesforce.com and ServiceNow. During that time, Jacob has also managed internal enterprise application development. He writes frequently for TechTarget's Storage Media Group sites on a variety of data storage topics, including storage array architectures, software-defined storage and storage for virtual environments.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Jacob Gsoedl
- Networking server-attached storage
- Converged systems offer turnkey storage, server bundles
- Are storage arrays obsolete?
- File storage focuses on scalable NAS
- Efficient storage
- Inside object-based storage
- Back up remote site data
- NAS system buying decisions
- Evaluating midrange systems to meet your storage needs
- Cloud backup is ready for the enterprise
- Backing up virtual servers: Traditional apps, new tools
- Pare down primary storage
- Blueprint for cloud-based disaster recovery
- Hybrid cloud storage
- Dynamic storage tiering options
- Choosing a director switch: Brocade vs. Cisco
- Consolidated storage management: Coming soon?