Evan is a Senior Systems Engineer with Archivas, Inc. Previously, he was Principal Engineer and Data Availability maven with Veritas Software Corporation, and has more than 15 years of experience in Unix systems. After spending 5 years at Sun Microsystems, Evan joined Fusion Systems and, later, OpenVision Software, where he worked to bring the first high availability software applications for SunOS and Solaris to market. Evan is the author of several articles and talks on the design of high availability systems. He is the author (along with Hal Stern of iPlanet) of Blueprints for High Availability: Designing Resilient Distributed Systems (2000, John Wiley & Sons). Evan has a B.Sc. in Computer Science from Lehigh University (1984) and an MBA from Rutgers University (1989).
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Evan Marcus
- Is HA a subset of clustering?
- The pro and cons of replicating
- Looking for an alternative to clustering
- Hot swappable solutions
- A tool showing uptime
- Waiting for a standardized multiple-link scheme
- Looking for high availability NAS configuration
- Power spikes causing problems
- Working on availability