Brett P. Cooper is the Director of Marketing at Intermine, Inc. a provider of unstructured information management solutions for Fortune 1000 enterprises. Brett chaired the first ever Enterprise Information World, sponsored by SNIA and co-marketed by ARMA. Prior to Intermine, Brett architected the strategy for Information Lifecycle Management and compliance solutions at NetApp. Also, while at NetApp Brett delivered the industry's first iSCSI solutions to over 5,000 organizations. Before NetApp, Brett delivered the first enterprise storage resource management solution at VERITAS Software - SANPoint Control (now known as VERITAS Command Central Storage). During his tenure with VERITAS Brett also founded the VERITAS Press, where he acted as technical advisor for the well-known storage reference book Storage Area Network Essentials: A Complete Guide to Understanding and Implementing SANs by Paul Massiglia and Richard Barker.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Brett Cooper
- Which SCSI specification allows the simplest execution of iSCSI?
- How many admins do we need?
- How to raise storage visibility
- The differences between Veritas Volume Manager and EMC SRDF
- What are the benefits of increasing storage on my 6 GB hard drive?
- Migrating data from CDs to other media
- Helpful hints when expanding or moving your data
- Centralizing backups the right way
- How many admins can manage a terabyte?
- The best technique for disaster recovery
- The ratio of storage admins to data pool size?
- Major storage disciplines and who gets to execute them
- The state of SMI-S
- Defining critical storage management
- Leading policies and strategies regarding storage management
- What effect does RAID have on an OS?
- Taking stock of data archiving and retrieval practices
- 2004 storage management predictions: Management tools proliferate, iSCSI & ILM abound
- Finding SRM tools
- Define your storage management policy