Brett P. Cooper is the Director of Marketing at Intermine, Inc. a provider of unstructured information management solutions for Fortune 1000 enterprises. Brett chaired the first ever Enterprise Information World, sponsored by SNIA and co-marketed by ARMA. Prior to Intermine, Brett architected the strategy for Information Lifecycle Management and compliance solutions at NetApp. Also, while at NetApp Brett delivered the industry's first iSCSI solutions to over 5,000 organizations. Before NetApp, Brett delivered the first enterprise storage resource management solution at VERITAS Software - SANPoint Control (now known as VERITAS Command Central Storage). During his tenure with VERITAS Brett also founded the VERITAS Press, where he acted as technical advisor for the well-known storage reference book Storage Area Network Essentials: A Complete Guide to Understanding and Implementing SANs by Paul Massiglia and Richard Barker.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Brett Cooper
- Point: Will 10 Gbps iSCSI trump Fibre Channel?
- Shipping swing boxes and servers
- Best practices for storage management strategy
- Calculating space for parity in RAID-5
- Server-based replication for Netware
- Calculating available disk space in a RAID-5 set
- Storage management predictions for 2005: ISCSI arrives at the center of the enterprise
- Managing direct-attached storage
- How to explain the SAN to your manager
- Do I have a RAID implementation?
- Can I put a Zip drive on the same IDE cable as CD-ROM drives?
- What is a DASD?
- How to start an online storage business
- Expanding a four-disk RAID array
- Possible migration issues in moving from an XP 512 to an EVA 5000
- Tools for scanning and mapping the SAN
- Would a solid state drive provide faster access to storage?
- Is it cost-effective to implement iSCSI on a tape drive?
- Which SCSI specification allows the simplest execution of iSCSI?
- What is the difference between memory and storage?