Brett P. Cooper is the Director of Marketing at Intermine, Inc. a provider of unstructured information management solutions for Fortune 1000 enterprises. Brett chaired the first ever Enterprise Information World, sponsored by SNIA and co-marketed by ARMA. Prior to Intermine, Brett architected the strategy for Information Lifecycle Management and compliance solutions at NetApp. Also, while at NetApp Brett delivered the industry's first iSCSI solutions to over 5,000 organizations. Before NetApp, Brett delivered the first enterprise storage resource management solution at VERITAS Software - SANPoint Control (now known as VERITAS Command Central Storage). During his tenure with VERITAS Brett also founded the VERITAS Press, where he acted as technical advisor for the well-known storage reference book Storage Area Network Essentials: A Complete Guide to Understanding and Implementing SANs by Paul Massiglia and Richard Barker.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Brett Cooper
- Upgrading high-end arrays
- Purchasing new storage
- Think 'big picture' for SATA Exchange storage
- Data migration options
- ILM in the large enterprise
- SANs with HP-UX, Solaris or AIX
- Which is the best platform for a storage subsystem management tool?
- How can I reclaim unused space?
- Calculator for disks per usable space or how much space from each disk
- Moving Oracle DBs from HDS to EMC
- Who makes 19-inch racks?
- SATA for small Exchange environments?
- RAID: How safe is your data?
- Tuning buffer credits
- Data snapshots and clones on DAS
- Mirroring data over IP
- SATA connectivity issues
- RAID shopping
- Auto-discovering LUNs
- Best practices for storage management strategy