Sponsored by Xiotech Corporation
Maximizing your enterprise data storage capacity is more important than ever before. With the majority of storage budgets unable to keep pace with data growth rates, most storage administrators need to find ways to reduce capital and operating expenses to survive the economic downturn. Download this tutorial to learn more about tiered storage. Access >>>
Table of contents
- SRM tools provide granular view into asset usage
- Pyramid-shaped tiering model matches performance needs to budget
- Classification and migration tools move data to correct storage tier
- Higher storage utilization rates with thin provisioning
- Use data reduction techniques to eliminiate duplicate data
- The least-expensive storage is what you already own
Premium Content for Free.
More Premium Content Accessible For Free
Big data storage challenges: Speed, capacity and HDFS integration
Big data infrastructure and analytics are some of the hottest technology topics today, and it can sometimes seem impossible to dissect and digest all...
Moving target: Endpoint backup
Mobile workers are now accessing, creating and modifying data on ultra-portable devices such as smartphones, tablets and phablets. Most companies ...
A lesson in flash caching
Solid-state storage is proliferating as a replacement for hard disk drives, where it offers a quick shift into the fast lane of storage processing. ...