Sponsored by Xiotech Corporation
Maximizing your enterprise data storage capacity is more important than ever before. With the majority of storage budgets unable to keep pace with data growth rates, most storage administrators need to find ways to reduce capital and operating expenses to survive the economic downturn. Download this tutorial to learn more about tiered storage. Access >>>
Table of contents
- SRM tools provide granular view into asset usage
- Pyramid-shaped tiering model matches performance needs to budget
- Classification and migration tools move data to correct storage tier
- Higher storage utilization rates with thin provisioning
- Use data reduction techniques to eliminiate duplicate data
- The least-expensive storage is what you already own
Premium Content for Free.
More Premium Content Accessible For Free
Our predictions of the hot data storage trends for 2014
For the eleventh year, Storage magazine and SearchStorage editors offer their list of storage technologies likely to have an impact on data...
Big data storage challenges associated with rich media files
Scale-out network-attached storage (NAS) is the primary technology to handle big data needs in the media and entertainment (M&E) space. Using ...
Storage pros reap rewards in 2013 salary survey
Our Storage magazine/SearchStorage.com 2013 Salary Survey offers encouraging news: pay for storage pros rose again to an average of $98,082. ...