Sponsored by Xiotech Corporation
Maximizing your enterprise data storage capacity is more important than ever before. With the majority of storage budgets unable to keep pace with data growth rates, most storage administrators need to find ways to reduce capital and operating expenses to survive the economic downturn. Download this tutorial to learn more about tiered storage. Access >>>
Table of contents
- SRM tools provide granular view into asset usage
- Pyramid-shaped tiering model matches performance needs to budget
- Classification and migration tools move data to correct storage tier
- Higher storage utilization rates with thin provisioning
- Use data reduction techniques to eliminiate duplicate data
- The least-expensive storage is what you already own
Premium Content for Free.
More Premium Content Accessible For Free
Flash storage technology decisions
Just about as quickly as we learn the merits of a new solid-state form factor, a new one appears. While the use and location of spinning disk ...
Cloud storage tools manage data stored in the ether
As much as we might want to assume an "out of sight, out of mind" attitude about the data we ship to cloud storage services, the truth is that it ...
Object storage systems come of age
Object storage is sizzling hot, with technologists calling it the necessary building block for efficient cloud storage and big data projects. As ...