By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
There are six core elements to a FAN:
- Storage devices
- File serving devices/interfaces
- File management and control services
- End clients
Benefits of a file-area network include:
- Data can be mapped to a unified address space (UAS) and migrated transparently between network-attached storage (NAS) devices.
- Data replication between NAS resources in the same or remote data centers, which improves data availability and response times.
- Data can be moved transparently between tiers to ensure it is on the most cost-effective hardware platform.
- Improved user access to file-based data