Rick Cook is a freelance writer.
He has been a frequent contributor to SearchStorage.com.
Contributions from Rick Cook
- Troubleshooting Fibre Channel host bus
- Set up RAID on tape
- New FC-AL technology ushers in SBOD
- Make sure you inventory your tapes
- The SNIA shared storage model
- Speed up slow IDE backup
- How will you implement RAID?
- Understand your scheduled backups
- Which SAN cache do you need?
- Get the picture
- Save money with tiered storage
- Prepare a tech-support checklist
- Disk/tape on the same HBA? Think again
- ATAPI and the 137 GB limit
- Tune for RAID performance
- Dos and don'ts of SAN cabling
- Treat databases the SAME
- Want better performance? Try plaid
- Tiny recovery tools
- Get a TOE hold on iSCSI