Rick Cook is a freelance writer.
He has been a frequent contributor to SearchStorage.com.
Contributions from Rick Cook
- When to use mirroring
- Stretch backup windows on a budget
- Five ways to boost iSCSI performance
- How to get more out of snapshots
- SCSI reliability on a SATA budget
- How to design LUNs for high performanc
- Pros and cons of disk-to-disk backup
- How to design a scalable SAN
- Pros and cons of iSCSI arrays
- How to set up a bare metal restore
- Three ways to secure backups
- Preventing common RAID errors
- Semi-archives: DBMS vs. file system
- Should you use NICs in SANs?
- Solve removable storage problems
- Test your SAN cool
- How to tweak Ethernet for iSCSI SANs
- How to test your UPS
- Preventing problems in SATA drives
- Microsoft supports iSCSI SAN clusters