Rick Cook is a freelance writer.
He has been a frequent contributor to SearchStorage.com.
Contributions from Rick Cook
- Checklist: First steps for limiting your downtime
- Expanding the reach of disaster recovery
- Zoning 101: Why zone?
- SATA II arrives -- sort of
- Encrypting tape: Software vs. hardware and key manageme
- A failed RAID drive needs immediate attention
- Troubleshooting your SATA drive
- CDP: Super snapshots -- eventually
- RAID-53: What is it?
- Checklist: Zone your SAN in five steps
- How to select disk drives for DBMS
- RAID-3: What is it good for?
- D2D2T a nice compromise
- How to troubleshoot your LUN
- Managing disks on Itanium-based server
- RAID levels: Learn about RAID 50
- Replication for high availability
- Checklist: How to set up HBAs
- When to choose tape
- RAID-10: Two great RAIDs