Rick Cook is a freelance writer.
He has been a frequent contributor to SearchStorage.com.
Contributions from Rick Cook
- Look for hardware for TB/hour backups
- Interoperability for SAN switches
- ISCSI: Is it soup yet?
- Speed or sophistication
- Wide Sky for SAN management
- Solid-state disk gives SAN performance
- Use virtual tape servers for disaster
- Zone with zone sets
- WBEM can ease SAN management
- Go slow on TCP/IP offload engines
- The case of the disappearing devices
- Migrating old data to a SAN
- Set priorities for data migration
- Symmetrical and asymmetrical SANs
- Mirroring strategies
- Separate SCSI controller
- The managed unit of storage
- Check the life of 4-mm tapes in backup
- Get your latest firmware here
- Mixing arbitrated loop and fabric