With more than 25 years of experience designing storage solutions for data centers across the U.S. -- and having been around to (1) see the birth of such technologies as RAID, NAS and SAN and (2) record the impact multiple data centers, virtualization, cloud services and user mobility have had on storage practices -- George Crump is uniquely qualified to offer insight into the backup, recovery and protection of data within today’s modern data centers, which is precisely what he does at his Data Protection workshop.
As president and founder of Storage Switzerland, an IT analyst firm focused on the storage and virtualization segments, Mr. Crump provides vendor-neutral advice to IT professionals tasked with building effective, efficient and cost-effective storage strategies that support today’s compute demands.
Similarly, he leverages this substantial and invaluable experience as a contributor to TechTarget publications such as Storage magazine, SearchStorage, SearchServerVirtualization and SearchDataBackup, and as a member of the TechTarget Speaker Bureau since 2013.
Below, you’ll find some of that expertise and experience on display. Click through to any of the tips, tricks, tutorials and/or advice features below to see for yourself why George Crump has come to be recognized as one of the most respected voices in the storage industry. And participate in future conversations by following him on Twitter: @storageswiss.
Contributions from George Crump
- Server-attached storage brings value despite drawbacks
- The state of storage network architecture
- What software allows the sharing of PCIe SSD cards?
- Can file-based apps be used with object storage?
- Comparing host-based and array-based replication
- Are cache appliances a good way to implement SSD?
- Software-defined storage versus traditional storage
- Update: Virtual server backup
- Despite limitations, DAS solutions still popular
- Tuning storage for database apps
- DAS lives
- Virtual I/O for storage networks
- Building an efficient data storage environment
- SAN performance: Five more tips to avoid bottlenecks
- Five ways to improve your storage networks
- Top 10 tips for tuning your storage network
- Is SAS-2 a viable alternative to Fibre Channel drives?
- iSCSI in VMware environments: Best practices
- A case for 8 GB Fibre Channel
- What are clustered storage architectures?