What is a terabyte? What are terabytes? What are terabyte drives? What comes after a terabyte? What's bigger than a terabyte? Please don't just say that 2 terabytes is bigger than one terabyte.
A terabyte is equal to 1,024 gigabytes and there are lots of things bigger than one terabyte. Other useful terms are:
- 1,024 Bytes = 1 Kilobyte
- 1,024 Kilobytes = 1 Megabyte
- 1,024 Megabytes = 1 Gigabyte
- 1,024 Gigabytes = 1 Terabyte
- 1,024 Terabytes = 1 Petabyte
- 1,024 Petabytes = 1 Exabyte (In 2000, 3 exabytes of information was created.)
- 1,024 Exabytes = 1 Zettabyte
- 1,024 Zettabyte = 1 Zottabyte
- 1,024 Zottabyte = 1 Brontobyte (That is a 1 followed by 27 zeroes.)
Dig deeper on Data center storage
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.