What is a terabyte? What are terabytes? What are terabyte drives? What comes after a terabyte? What's bigger than...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
a terabyte? Please don't just say that 2 terabytes is bigger than one terabyte.
A terabyte is equal to 1,024 gigabytes and there are lots of things bigger than one terabyte. Other useful terms are:
- 1,024 Bytes = 1 Kilobyte
- 1,024 Kilobytes = 1 Megabyte
- 1,024 Megabytes = 1 Gigabyte
- 1,024 Gigabytes = 1 Terabyte
- 1,024 Terabytes = 1 Petabyte
- 1,024 Petabytes = 1 Exabyte (In 2000, 3 exabytes of information was created.)
- 1,024 Exabytes = 1 Zettabyte
- 1,024 Zettabyte = 1 Zottabyte
- 1,024 Zottabyte = 1 Brontobyte (That is a 1 followed by 27 zeroes.)
Dig Deeper on Data center storage
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.