What knowledge should a newly appointed Storage Manager seek to gain, and where should he begin looking? Books,...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
online training, etc...
I would use the following approach:
- Become thoroughly familiar with "your" company's products.
- Be able to articulate what makes your company's products unique and differentiated.
- Talk with customers. Find out their needs, problems. Identify opportunities for your company's products to help the customer.
- Then... look at what your competitor sells, that you can do on-line via the competitor's Web site: Example (for storage companies): Network Appliance http://www.netapp.com/, Veritas http://www.veritas.com/us/ or EMC http://www.emc.com/
- Hire a consultant who is knowledgeable in the area you are working in.
- "After" all the above, you can go to books; it's likely that they are already obsolete...
Dig Deeper on Storage management jobs and salaries
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.