By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
- DAFS entering the NAS market will create new levels of performance with database software that is VI enabled.
- NAS vendors will start selling TCP/IP Accelerators (sometimes called Offload Engines) with NAS products to provide significantly enhanced performance.
- SAN and NAS Convergence will continue. Driven by administrative cost issues and the usage of NAS in enterprise environments by storage professionals, various forms of convergence will occur. The most popular will be a NAS Gateway or HEAD providing file access into data managed within a SAN.
- NAS management aggregation becomes more predominant with tie-in to SRM packages.
- Confusion over when to install NAS or SAN continues. Understanding the application and business requirements is the issue that a salesman probably can't help with.
Evaluator Group, Inc.
Dig Deeper on NAS devices
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.