By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
- Storage virtualization will take center stage. Vendors will need to work together, and there will be efforts to develop standards to avoid a "virtual-chaos."
- In IP Storage, iSCSI will lead the pack in acceptance. There will be growing pains for iSCSI due to interoperability issues and complexity of security technologies. However, iSCSI will continue to grow on a steady pace due its strong fundamentals, i.e. moving storage traffic over IP networks.
- Fibre Channel security will take center stage for storage security. Expect strong standards activity followed by vendor response.
- Gigabit support will become a common yardstick for storage appliances.
- For data security, Denial of Service Attacks including viruses will become more severe, thereby requiring increasing focus on multi-layered security approaches.
Related Q&A from Vijay Ahuja
Security expert Vijay Ahuja outlines the top five security questions to ask storage vendors before making a purchase.continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.