I would not be surprised if they come back with different responses given all of the different variables. Some general questions to consider in addition to those already mentioned include:
- Is this a single SAN or multiple SANs that are segmented?
- What are the performance characteristics of the servers and applications?
- How much storage needs to be accessed by the servers?
- What is the topology and allocation of ports and performance?
- What are your, or your vendor's, server-to-storage port ratios?
- What level of redundancy and availability do you need>
Dig deeper on SAN management
Related Q&A from Greg Schulz
Independent storage expert Greg Schulz discusses how to perform replication when using cloud storage as a target.continue reading
Independent storage expert Greg Schulz offers insight on how replication is used for remote site backup in this Expert Response.continue reading
Independent storage expert Greg Schulz discusses how CDP, snapshot and remote data replication are used for disaster recovery.continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.