You can use:
- HDS 9200 hardware-based remote copy over an extended FC network over DWDM
- iSCSI connections to the remote location via Nishan extenders
- FalconStor appliance-based replication or pooling
- Veritas software-based sync or async replication and block copy
- Do either adaptive hardware-based copy by splitting off images and batch copying the data
- Use the old fashion method of backup to tape locally throwing them in a truck and driving them to the second datacenter. (Called the CTAM method or Chevy Truck Access Method).
Editor's note: Do you agree with this expert's response? If you have more to share, post it in one of our .bphAaR2qhqA^0@/searchstorage>discussion forums.
This was first published in December 2002