Preparing for SNIA's certification exam
What is the best way to prepare for the SNIA exams -- level 2 and level 3? I have a long list of recommended reading, but can you narrow down a list for me please?
1. Go to as many conferences as you can like Storage Decisions
Storage Networking World
to bone up on product offerings, solutions and what's happening in the industry.
2. Read the books by: Marc Farley, W. Curtis Preston, Tom Clark, and Chris Beauchamp. (You can always read mine
3. Go to the vendor Web sites and read the white papers on the subjects listed in the level 2 and level 3 exam criteria
4. For in-depth learning, read the RFC pages
on storage networking.
5. You can always attend the certification training
available from Infinity I/O.
Editor's note: Do you agree with this expert's response? If you have more to share, post it in one of our
The views and opinions expressed by Christopher L. Poelker are his alone and not necessarily shared by Hitachi Data Systems.
This was first published in June 2004