I would not be surprised if they come back with different responses given all of the different variables. Some...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
general questions to consider in addition to those already mentioned include:
- Is this a single SAN or multiple SANs that are segmented?
- What are the performance characteristics of the servers and applications?
- How much storage needs to be accessed by the servers?
- What is the topology and allocation of ports and performance?
- What are your, or your vendor's, server-to-storage port ratios?
- What level of redundancy and availability do you need?
Related Q&A from Greg Schulz
Service provider outages should be a warning to customers that keeping data safe in the cloud is a shared responsibility.continue reading
When cloud durability is added to the mix, cloud providers are able to tout a high number of nines of availability.continue reading
Cloud storage can be less expensive from a cost-per-gigabyte perspective, but it's important not to lose sight of other benefits as a value ...continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.