I would not be surprised if they come back with different responses given all of the different variables. Some...
general questions to consider in addition to those already mentioned include:
- Is this a single SAN or multiple SANs that are segmented?
- What are the performance characteristics of the servers and applications?
- How much storage needs to be accessed by the servers?
- What is the topology and allocation of ports and performance?
- What are your, or your vendor's, server-to-storage port ratios?
- What level of redundancy and availability do you need?
Dig Deeper on Fibre Channel (FC) SAN
Related Q&A from Greg Schulz
Service provider outages should be a warning to customers that keeping data safe in the cloud is a shared responsibility.continue reading
When cloud durability is added to the mix, cloud providers are able to tout a high number of nines of availability.continue reading
Cloud storage can be less expensive from a cost-per-gigabyte perspective, but it's important not to lose sight of other benefits as a value ...continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.