Congratulations on passing your first interview at the enterprise storage firms you mention. I assume that when you say "How do I prove myself," you mean "How do I get hired?" Here are a few thoughts:
1. You have to be able to show competence in your field. As such, emphasize "specific" accomplishments: large sales, major deals with known customers, etc.
2. Listen, Listen, Listen at interviews.
3. Answer interviewer's questions concisely, not too many words.
4. Be honest: if you don't know, say so.
5. Be friendly. Smile occasionally.
6. Be enthusiastic. Show that you are involved, interested and excited about the prospect of working at the company.
7. Develop the three key messages of what Thomas Everitt "brings to the party"; look for an opportunity to share this with the interviewer.
This was first published in May 2001